In this intensive workshop, Dr. David Paul provides thorough instruction on how to implement prolonged exposure therapy for survivors of trauma. Dr. Paul is a certified prolonged exposure (PE) therapist, supervisor and trainer by The Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety at the University of Pennsylvania.
At the end of the workshop, participants know how to facilitate effective emotional engagement during imaginal exposure, how to conduct prolonged exposure therapy with patients suffering from all types of trauma and how to modify standard procedures in order to titrate emotional responses. Participants also construct an in-vivo exposure hierarchy that includes a range of situations that safely and effectively promote learning while expanding the client’s world.
Who should attend
Psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, registered nurses and trainers with prior experience working with trauma survivors.
What is covered:
- The diagnosis and psychopathology of PTSD.
- Empirically-supported psychotheraputic treatments for chronic PTSD and the comparative efficacy of these treatment approaches.
- How clients are helped to emotionally engage in and process traumatic memories, with the aim of reducing trauma-related symptoms and difficulties.
- How to implement all of the treatment components of prolonged exposure therapy for PTSD: psychoeducation, breathing training, in-vivo exposure to safe but avoided trauma reminders and imaginal exposure to memories of traumatic events.
- Detailed case vignettes are presented that illustrate use of prolonged exposure therapy in the treatment of trauma survivors with chronic PTSD.
- Segments of videotaped therapy sessions conducted by experts that illustrate all prolonged exposure therapy components.
- Practice prolonged exposure therapy procedures (e.g. presentation of therapy rationale to clients, building of in-vivo exposure hierarchy) with other attendees with feedback from faculty trainer.
Four-day workshop, October 21-24, 2021
Cost (subject to change)
$1,260 (includes GST) per delegate for four-day workshop (The cost for the detailed treatment manuals and supporting materials is separate.)
If you have any questions, please call us at 780-498-3373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org