Occupational Injury Service (OIS) gives injured workers access to specialized and expedited assessment and treatment helping them return to work quickly and safely. OIS physicians have experience in work-related injuries and they typically see injured workers within 30 minutes of their arrival at an OIS clinic.
- Employers must sign up for the service before their employees can access it.
- If emergency care is needed, transport your employee to a hospital. For non-emergent injuries, contact the OIS clinic ahead of your arrival to confirm hours of operation and services available.
- Workers must see an OIS physician for their first medical visit after the injury happened unless they come to an OIS clinic within 96 hours of visiting an emergency room first.
- Participation is voluntary. Workers can choose to use OIS services or they can see their own physician if they prefer.
Why choose OIS
- Same-day access to a doctor with a background in work-related injuries and WCB training.
- Expedited diagnostic and treatment services.
- Same-day completion and submission of reports.
- Detailed communication to you, your employer and physician about your assessment and treatment.
- Individualized return-to-work plan.
- Coordination of assessment and treatment communication.
- Follow-up support.
In addition to these benefits, OIS helps reduce claim costs because the worker is getting care and reporting faster. Learn how OIS can lower employer premiums.
Sign up for OIS
Being proactive will give you peace of mind. Simply complete the online form to register for OIS services near you and you’ll be contacted with next steps. If you have questions, please contact us by email or phone at 780-498-3219.
Find an OIS clinic
It’s important to contact the clinic ahead of your arrival to ensure they’re open and have the right services to help.