WCB-Alberta’s decisions must comply with the legislation and regulation that is made and enacted by the Alberta government.
The following list links to the provincial legislation that is of particular importance to the operation of WCB-Alberta.
- Workers' Compensation Act (W-15, RSA 2000)
- Workers' Compensation Regulation (325/2002)
- Firefighters' Primary Site Cancer Regulation (102/2003)
- Medical Panels Regulation (21/2018)
- Special Payment Act (S-17, RSA 2000)
- Blind Workers' Compensation Act (B-4, RSA 2000)
- MLA Compensation Act (M-19, RSA 2000)
- Heroes’ Compensation Act (H-7.8 2020)
- Adult Interdependent Relationships Act (A-4.5, RSA 2000)
- Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement Regulation (141/2003)
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (F-25, RSA 2000)
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Regulation (200/95)
- Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblower Protection) Act (P-39.5, 2012)
- Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblower Protection) Regulation (71/2013)
The Alberta Queen's Printer is the official source of Alberta government legislation and publications.