We fit your life
We want to hire the best people—and we want them to stay! Great people deserve great benefits that support not just them, but their families, too. Here's just some of what we have to offer:
- Wide-ranging medical, dental and vision plans mean your family's health is protected.
- Our flexible health and wellness spending account can help you take care of unplanned expenses, offering additional health and financial protection.
- Retirement security through our pension plans can help protect your future.
- Employer-paid sick leave and long-term disability plans provide you with income protection.
- Life and accident insurance will ensure your family is protected financially.
Health and wellness
Our people mean the world to us and we want them to be happy and healthy—at home and at work. Want to know more?
- We support work-life balance with flexible start and end times, compressed work weeks, earned time off, an initial four weeks of vacation time and five days of personal emergency leave per year.
- We encourage our staff to be physically active with on-site fitness facilities and daily fitness classes.
- We offer on-site physical therapy, massage therapy and ergonomic assessments to help you manage health issues.
- We care about the welfare of our employees and can provide confidential counselling, referrals and resources through our Employee and Family Assistance Program.
Our people work hard, every day, at jobs that make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. More than just a collegial atmosphere, working here fosters a sense of family and belonging. And we have fun getting to know each other outside the office too. Here are a few examples:
- We show off our sportsmanship every year as we participate in both Edmonton and Calgary's Corporate Challenge.
- Our Quarter Century Club holds an annual dinner to celebrate those who have worked with WCB for 25 years or more.
- Membership in our staff social club means discounts on tickets to sporting events, movie passes and local attractions.
"I went through some tough times recently and I so appreciated being able to get a counselling referral. We really have incredible benefits."