For employers

We are committed to making decisions that are fair and we want to make sure you understand all the decisions that affect your worker's claim. We know that sometimes you may not agree with some of the decisions made on your worker's claim, and we're here to help.

It is important that you know your rights when it comes to questioning a decision made on a claim that affects your policy. We will make every attempt to resolve disagreements whenever possible.

Give us a call

If you don't understand or don't agree with a decision on a claim, please call the decision maker and talk it through. They will be able to explain the decision and answer any questions you have. If you have new information that could affect the claim decision, let the adjudicator or case manager know. We are always willing to consider new information. You can also call ask to speak to a supervisor or manager at any time.

In cases where this informal review process does not resolve your concerns, there is a formal review process you can follow.

How to request a review of a WCB decision

Submit a request for review form

If you're unable to resolve your concerns with the adjudicator or case manager and would like to have a decision formally reviewed, you can request a review within one year of the decision date. Once the request is received, a supervisor will work with you towards a possible resolution.

You can complete the request for review form online or request a paper version by calling our contact centre.

Time limit for review

You have one year from the date of the decision letter to submit a request for review. In some situations, we can extend the time limit if it has been more than a year since the decision was made.

If your request for review is related to a decision that is beyond one year, you can submit a request for a deadline extension to the Dispute Resolution and Decision Review Body (DRDRB).

You have three options to request the extension and you will be asked to provide your reason(s):

  1. If you have not submitted a request for review, you need to complete an online request for review, which includes the information needed to request an extension if the decision falls beyond the one-year period.
  2. If you cannot access the online form to submit a request for review, you can access the G040 PDF form. You will also need to download and complete a DRBEXT extension form and submit this as well. Please send the completed forms to
  3. If you have already submitted a request for review in any version other than the online form, you will also need to download and complete a DRBEXT extension form. Please send the completed forms to

You can request a paper version by calling toll-free at 1-866-922-9221.

Please refer to the Request for review: Deadline extension fact sheet prior to submitting your form.

Additional information pertaining to your request for review along with documentation to support your reason for the delay should be sent by email To prevent delays with the review process, we encourage you to send this information within two business days of submitting your form. Please include your claim number along with your first and last name in the body of your email for identification and tracking purposes.

Get help from the Employer Appeals Consulting service

If you’re unsure how a decision may impact your account, we can help. Our Employer Appeals Consulting service offers assistance with submitting your review request and will look at the unique situation for your account to help you understand the impact of the decision(s) in question. We’ll provide you with information that can help to either resolve the issue or to provide you advice on how to present your position.

This service was established by WCB to help employers understand the facts, policies and legislation used to make a decision, with a focus on resolution. There is no charge for this service.

To request this service and learn more about how we can help, complete the request for employer appeals consultation form.

Review the decision with the Dispute Resolution and Decision Review Body (DRDRB)

If resolution has not been reached through collaborative discussion with the adjudicator, case manager or their supervisor, the supervisor will forward the request for review form to the DRDRB.

This department is made up of resolution specialists who will determine if the decision was correct. Before your file is reviewed, a resolution specialist will contact you to make sure they understand your specific issue and concern. You will have an opportunity to explain your issue to the specialist and you will determine the best approach to take to resolve your issue, such as an in-person meeting or a telephone conference. Once the review is complete, the resolution specialist will send you a written decision.

If the DRDRB decision is dated on or after April 1, 2021, you have one year to submit your appeal to the Appeals Commission. If it is dated from September 1, 2018 up to and including March 31, 2021, you have two years to submit your appeal (based on legislation in place at the time of the decision).

Get help from the Advisor Office

If you decide to pursue an appeal after your review, the Advisor Office provides independent advice, assistance and advocacy services for eligible employers. There is no charge for their services.

Interim relief

Interim relief is temporary financial support given to employers while a decision is under review or appeal. It is provided in exceptional circumstances and is intended to ensure the employer is able to continue operating during the review and appeal process. This fact sheet gives you additional information.

Note: If you feel you were treated unfairly, either in how a decision was made or how you were treated, you can request a formal fairness review by the Fair Process Review Centre (FPRC). The FPRC does not have legislative authority to review or change a claim or account decision.