For workers

We are committed to making decisions that are fair and we want to make sure you understand all the decisions that affect your claim. We know that sometimes you may not agree with some of the decisions made on your claim, and we're here to help.

It is important that you know your rights when it comes to questioning a decision made on your claim. We will make every attempt to resolve disagreements whenever possible.

Give us a call

If you don't understand or don't agree with a decision on your claim, please call the decision maker and talk it through. They will explain the decision and answer any questions you have. If you have new information that could affect your claim decision, let your adjudicator or case manager know. We are always willing to consider new information. You can also call and ask to speak to a supervisor at any time during your claim.

In cases where this informal review process does not resolve your concerns, there is a formal review process you can follow.

How to request a review of a WCB decision

Submit a request for review form

If you're unable to resolve your concerns with your adjudicator or case manager and would like to have a decision formally reviewed, you can request a review within one year of the decision date. Once the request is received, a supervisor will work with you towards a possible resolution.

You can complete the request for review form online or request a paper version by calling our contact centre.

Time limit for review

You have one year from the date of your decision letter to submit a request for review. In some situations, we can extend the time limit if it has been more than a year since the decision was made.

If your request for review is related to a decision that is beyond one year, you can submit a request for a deadline extension to the Dispute Resolution and Decision Review Body (DRDRB).

You have three options to request the extension and you will be asked to provide your reason(s):

  1. If you have not submitted a request for review, you need to complete an online request for review, which includes the information needed to request an extension if the decision falls beyond the one-year period.
  2. If you cannot access the online form to submit a request for review, you can access the G040 PDF form. You will also need to download and complete a DRBEXT extension form and submit this as well. Please send the completed forms to
  3. If you have already submitted a request for review in any version other than the online form, you will also need to download and complete a DRBEXT extension form. Please send the completed forms to

You can request a paper version by calling toll-free at 1-866-922-9221.

Please refer to the Request for review: Deadline extension fact sheet prior to submitting your form.

Additional information pertaining to your request for review along with documentation to support your reason for the delay should be sent by email To prevent delays with the review process, we encourage you to send this information within two business days of submitting your form. Please include your claim number along with your first and last name in the body of your email for identification and tracking purposes.

Get help from the Advisor Office

If you'd like some assistance with submitting your review request, you can contact the Advisor Office which provides independent advice, assistance and advocacy services for injured workers and their dependants. There is no charge for their services.

If you already have someone representing you (who is not from the Advisor Office), it is important you submit a signed, current worker's authorization of a representative form so we are able to speak directly with your representative and share information with them.

Review the decision with the Dispute Resolution and Decision Review Body (DRDRB)

If resolution has not been reached through collaborative conversation with your adjudicator, case manager or their supervisor, the supervisor will forward the review form to the DRDRB.

This department is made up of resolution specialists who will determine if the decision was correct. Before your file is reviewed, a resolution specialist will contact you to make sure they understand your specific issue and concern. You will have an opportunity to explain your issue to the specialist and you will determine the best approach to take to resolve your issue, such as an in-person meeting or a telephone conference. Once the review is complete, the resolution specialist will send you a written decision.

If you do not agree with the DRDRB’s decision, you can appeal in writing to the Appeals Commission, which is independent from WCB. If the DRDRB decision is dated on or after April 1, 2021, you have one year to submit your appeal. If it is dated from September 1, 2018 up to and including March 31, 2021, you have two years to submit your appeal (based on legislation in place at the time of the decision).

Interim relief

Interim relief is temporary financial support given to workers while a decision is under review or appeal. It is provided in exceptional circumstances and is intended to ensure the worker is financially able to meet basic living expenses during the review or appeal process. This fact sheet gives you additional information.

Note: If you feel you were treated unfairly, either in how a decision was made or how you were treated, you can request a formal fairness review by the Fair Process Review Centre (FPRC). The FPRC does not have legislative authority to review or change a claim or account decision.