Alberta wildfire evacuations

If you are an employer or an injured worker impacted by Alberta’s wildfire evacuations, you may have questions about your workers' compensation coverage. Treatment providers may have questions regarding your clients’ care.

If you have a specific question about your claim or account, please call us directly at 1-866-922-9221 (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Treatment providers can contact our Health Care Strategy team at 780-498-3219 or We’re here to help.

For employers operating in evacuated areas:

For billing inquiries or to adjust your coverage

If your business operations have been impacted by the fire, please contact us. We can help adjust your coverage and assist with any billing inquiries you have.

For injured workers displaced by wildfire evacuations:

Benefit payments

If you are expecting a benefit payment in the mail, please contact your claim owner. We can make alternate arrangements to deliver payment by electronic funds transfer, or for pick-up at a new location.

Home care benefits

If you receive home care support due to your work-related injury, please contact your claim owner to make new arrangements for that care. We will arrange services as quickly as possible.

Rehabilitation appointments

We will make alternate arrangements for you to attend rehabilitation appointments in a new location once you have settled into a new living arrangement. Our goal is to get you the treatment you need and support you.

Modified work

If you have been working in modified duties due to a work-related injury and have now had your work disrupted due to fire, we will work with you and your employer to determine the best way forward.

For treatment providers displaced by wildfire evacuations:

Client service interruptions and reporting delays

If your operations are impacted by Alberta’s wildfire evacuations, we understand you may not be able to serve clients or submit reporting at this time. If you have questions, please contact our Health Care Strategy team at 780-498-3219 or

New injuries related to the evacuation:

Injuries sustained while evacuating your place of work

If you were injured during an evacuation, you may be eligible for workers' compensation benefits if the injury is determined to be work-related. If you’re not sure if an injury is work-related, call us or submit a claim and we’ll take a look.

Coverage for smoke-induced injuries

In limited instances, workers are covered for injuries sustained due to smoke inhalation. This fact sheet gives you some simple information on what to do in these circumstances.

Coverage for Good Samaritans

Many generous people have provided support to citizens evacuating due to the fires. We can provide coverage for injuries related to these kind acts when an employer has directed a worker to assist in a non-work-related distress situation. This fact sheet provides more detail.